I created this finding trig functions through a point practice book to give my trigonometry students practice finding the sine, cosine, and tangent of a point on the coordinate plane.
This put together so many of the concepts we had learned in this unit and the previous unit. It’s so exciting to see all of the pieces begin to fall together.
Here are the step-by-step directions I gave my students
I gave them a practice booklet to, well, give them some practice.
My students were quick to point out that the graphs for our last two examples were upside down in the book. Oops…
I did fix it in the file before I uploaded it, though.
Free Download of Finding Trig Functions Through a Point Practice Book
Trig Functions Through a Point Notes (PDF) (229 downloads)
Trig Functions Through a Point Notes (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (176 downloads)
Trig Functions Through a Point Practice Book (PDF) (250 downloads)
Trig Functions Through a Point Practice Book (Editable Publisher File ZIP) (191 downloads)
More Activities for Teaching Trigonometry
- Paper Plate Angle Spinners for Trigonometry
- Trig Reference Angles Activity: Odd One Out
- Evaluating Trig Functions Tarsia Puzzle
- 27 Hands-On Trigonometry Activities
- 5 Free Printable Trigonometry Posters
- Unit Circle Bingo Game
- Quadrants Unlocked Activity
- Printable Radian Sectors
- Trigonometry Calculator Skills Pop Quiz
- Odd One Out Coterminal Angles Activity
- Deriving the Unit Circle Foldable
- Trigonometry Puzzle