If you are on a school computer or network, ask your tech person to whitelist these URLs:
*.wistia.com, fast.wistia.com, fast.wistia.net, embedwistia-a.akamaihd.net
Sometimes a simple refresh solves this issue. If you need further help, contact us.
- Show lesson plan & teacher guide
- Show answers to discussion questions
- Show video only
- Allow visiting of other pages
- Hide assessments
- We’ll learn about the Pythagorean Theorem.
- That we can use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the lengths of all sides in a right triangle.
- We’ll see that this knowledge can help us make a skateboard ramp, build a home for bees and even watch a movie!
A right triangle has legs with lengths 6 units and 8 units. Find the length of the hypotenuse.
Three straws measure 10 centimeters, 15 centimeters, and 12 centimeters. Without bending or breaking the straws, can they be used to form a right triangle? Explain.
A right triangle has height 8 units and hypotenuse length 25 units. Find the length of the base of the triangle. If necessary, round your answer to the nearest tenth.
3 days to access to all of our teaching resources for free.
Continue to Lessons
Get 30 days free by inviting other teachers to try it too.
Share with Teachers
no credit card required
Skip, I will use a 3 day free trial
Enjoy your free 30 days trial
Please login or join.