Special Right Triangles Partner Activity (45°- 45°- 90°) and (30°- 60°- 90°)
9th – 12th
- This is a basic activity for finding the sides of special right triangles. Students are not required to know the laws of radicals.
- Partner-1 solves the problems in column-1 and partner-2 solves the problems in column-2. Although the two problems in each row are different, their answers are identical.
- Each student gets his/her own handout. Students are to pause after solving each problem to compare answers before moving on to the next row. If their answers do not match, they are to help each other to get to the same correct answer.
- If a student asks to complete this activity individually, you could have him/her complete the problems in both columns as a condition.
- The triangles in the last problem are not special triangles. This should test students’ depth of knowledge. The preview above shows the answer key.
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.